Day 27: A song that breaks your heart
There are a lot of songs that do this for me.
- Adelle's Someone Like You
- Gilbert O'Sullivan's Alone Again (Naturally)
- Robyn's Dancing On My Own
- ABBA's Winner Takes It All (which I featured on Day 4).
It's not just songs about breakups, there are the songs about death (or at least I associate with death).
- Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men's One Sweet Day
- That song from the Casper movie (which I thought was Taylor Dayne).
- The Cranberries' When You're Gone.
- And of course, the songs I featured on Day 10 - DeVotchka's How It Ends and Flaming Lips' Do You Realize.
But if there is one genre that produces some of the most legit heartbreaking songs, it would be the musical theater. Les Miserables produced 2 of the best examples of this:
Fantine's I Dreamed A Dream- which for maximum effect, I'll share the video of Anne Hathaway's rendition from the movie version.
And of course...